Catching up


It always feels good to catch up on stuff that has been waiting around in the mire that is our minds.  Over the past week it seems that catching up is all I have done, with both my own chores and those of other people.  The worst of those neglected tasks was assisting a friend who had become long overdue in handing in coursework for a qualification, a task that I was told about last Wednesday and had to be completed by Sunday night.  She had scarcely begun the process, was feeling desperate and eventually reached out to me for help.  I agreed, she came over to mine and we made a start on what at first seemed quite a simple job but that illusion was soon shattered. I then spent the next four days attempting to dissect the information given by the examining body, written in a language that seemed alien. Three course units later it was finally completed yesterday on my own whilst my friend was in work.  I am always happy to help people, but I think it's the last time I shall agree to accepting something that may give me such a headache.  

The other stuff I cleared from my list of overdue tasks were all far more pleasurable. Clearing the bathroom of two bags full of toiletry items that were never going to be opened or used by me.  They were collected by the local homeless/in need charity last night, along with a few bits that my mum and I added on Saturday when I also caught up with seeing her.  That was also pleasurable because we "mooched", gossiped and had a lovely midday breakfast-lunch.  It's always pleasurable to see mum.  She calms and she soothes my troubles even though she has her own shit to deal with.  A formidable woman who I am sure will be mentioned in future blogs.  Today was spent catching up with my friend Gill who I first met a few years ago when we were thrown together in new jobs in Iceland's call centre to cover their Christmas rush of complaints.  Paltry training, shit IT systems and customers who could moan about a £1 lasagne soon resulted in the pair of us learning to hate the job.  We have both worked in customer service for years but we both struggled to enjoy the rotten environment. Gill came and picked me up and went for a Christmas lunch at a local carvery.  I ate a turkey roast dinner for the first time in years and it was good.  I don't cook much beyond the odd microwave meal so it would have been lovely even had it tasted like shit. Almost.  We came back here, had an Ecclefechan tart to finish us off and we moaned to each other for a few hours.  It's incredibly cathartic to get stuff off your chest that you wouldn't ordinarily share with your day to day company.  We did also laugh quite a lot because there's humour to be had in the hypothetical murder of the people and events that piss us off.

Tomorrow is housework catch up and Wednesday is another catch up with another friend. At some point I shall catch up on some sleep.

Comments

  1. Another Ecclefechan tart . What is it ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm going off to go through my cookery books for the recipe . I've already made some mincemeat so according to you I should a ticket to paradise - I'll let you know how I get on...

      Delete
    2. I'll look forward to that. Good luck AND good luck also for your Bake Off appearance next year..

      Delete
    3. INFORMATION THAT IS NEITHER HERE NOR THERE REALLY :
      Right , so you make all butter pastry , you fill it with mincemeat but you include some extra sugar and butter and that's what makes the sweet crusty top when its cooked .
      MAVIS: "Thank you so much , we could do with more know alls in the world ".

      Delete
    4. That recipe doesn't sound like what I have been eating as Ecclefechan tarts. Shortbread case, mixture of raisins, cherries and almonds in what feels and tastes like frangipane. I think I will stick to Sainsburys ready made 😁

      Delete
    5. You can include raisins and cherries in mincemeat ( in fact you can include what you like and they don't come and bang on the door ).
      As well as the whole slivers of almond they include ground almonds and that's where your frangipane taste is coming from .I have checked the recipe but : SPOILER COMING UP.

      I popped into see Mr Sainsbury and then read the back of the box as I stuffed my face .

      As Mary Berry said to me only the other day "some times I can't be arsed and just fuck off to the supermarket ".

      Delete
    6. Were they the best mince pie you have tasted this year so far?

      Delete
    7. Well , I'm not sure if I want to encourage you - just read your comments on John's blog . I want your assurance that as an officer and a gentleman you have eating these things from a plate or the box and nowhere else !

      Delete
    8. I cannot claim to be an officer or gentleman but I can assure you that I don't share or waste so much as a crumb of food.

      I didn't know that you're a John fan. In real life he is so much more than his online persona.

      Delete
    9. I had sort of assumed that we were seeing just the top of his iceberg so to speak .
      I think that some of those American ladies who comment every day ignore or don't get some of his comments - and almost none of them have had RuPaul to tea ( much less Baggachips or the Vivienne .)

      Delete
    10. They're good for the schmaltz when an ego boost is required but not so great for true grit. "Praise the Lord" 😂

      Delete
  2. INSTEAD OF GETTING A LOAN,, I GOT SOMETHING NEW
    Get $5,500 USD every day, for six months!

    See how it works

    Do you know you can hack into any ATM machine with a hacked ATM card??
    Make up you mind before applying, straight deal...

    Order for a blank ATM card now and get millions within a week!: contact us
    via email address::{Universalcardshackers@gmail.com}

    We have specially programmed ATM cards that can be use to hack ATM
    machines, the ATM cards can be used to withdraw at the ATM or swipe, at
    stores and POS. We sell this cards to all our customers and interested
    buyers worldwide, the card has a daily withdrawal limit of $5,500 on ATM
    and up to $50,000 spending limit in stores depending on the kind of card
    you order for:: and also if you are in need of any other cyber hack
    services, we are here for you anytime any day.

    Here is our price lists for the ATM CARDS:

    Cards that withdraw $5,500 per day costs $200 USD
    Cards that withdraw $10,000 per day costs $850 USD
    Cards that withdraw $35,000 per day costs $2,200 USD
    Cards that withdraw $50,000 per day costs $5,500 USD
    Cards that withdraw $100,000 per day costs $8,500 USD

    make up your mind before applying, straight deal!!!

    The price include shipping fees and charges, order now: contact us via
    email address:::::: {Universalcardshackers@gmail.com}
    Whatsapp:::::+31687835881

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Non-abusive comments welcome, as are those with constructive criticism.

Popular posts from this blog

Twas the night before the night before...

The Surgical Spirit of Christmas

Expectations and Disappointments