Give me five



It's difficult to find songs that mean something to you when the choice out there is so vast and our tastes change as we grow older.  Today my choices are different to what they would have been when I was a teenager back in the 80s because my perception of what has meaning is also different.  I was once immortal, or rather death never entered my head, but now as I get older it becomes ever more present with the passing of loved ones.  I'm not quite on my deathbed yet but the above song is definitely the one that I would want if any loved ones I were to leave behind would select if they insisted on some kind of service.  I'm not a religious man and I definitely believe that we are born, we live and then we die.  That's it, no more, no less. In a nutshell I wouldn't be anything other than a memory.

Christ that's all a bit maudlin.  Forgive me an indulgence.

I have good news.  Dorothy's bowels have recovered, albeit that they are a little sluggish from the omelettes she has been enjoying.  You cannot imagine the joy it was to be able to pick up a firm turd this morning.  I am relieved and I believe she was too.  Her wagging arse as she skipped back up the garden path was a clear indicator that she was happier than the slow walk of the previous days. There's nothing better than throwing out a firm turd to brighten anyone's day.

Comments

  1. I love Alison Moyet and Dorothy♥ Crikey I'd better stop reading otherwise nothing will get done...... Loving your blog as well:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've seen her perform live twice and she was enchanting. Her personality shone through and her performance was exceptional on both occasions. I thoroughly recommend her last two studio albums, The Minutes and Other.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Non-abusive comments welcome, as are those with constructive criticism.

Popular posts from this blog

Twas the night before the night before...

The Surgical Spirit of Christmas

The magic of medicine