Hipster



I have just heard that the friend who was to be visiting later today is in A&E with some kind of hip trouble.  I hope it's not something serious but I suspect that I will be at a loose end later.  I have therefore made contingency plans to pop to Chester to do a little more Christmas shopping for the couple of people I still wish to show my appreciation of. I always find it difficult to select gifts for anyone other than my mum who always seems pleased with what I have given her.  This year she has had an early gift of new digital phones for her home, but I cannot leave it at that since everyone deserves at least one surprise on Christmas day. I have an idea but cannot share it with you since she has taken up reading my blog.  I am yet to teach her how to comment because I fear her revealing far too many of my secrets .  There are quite a selection for her to choose from, and all of them an embarrassment to me.

Today has been a very welcome day of intermittent naps and washing of laundry.  Sleep is something that evades me and last week was particularly exhausting on that front. I was lucky that I was able to have several three hour naps under in bed and now feel quite recovered. Hopefully I am capable of some more when I get to bed later.  The bungalow smells fresh because the wet clothes are drying slowly and releasing their artificial scent of fabric conditioner.  I'd prefer it to be dried on the line but the lowest temperatures of the season so far and a lack of breeze meant nothing would have done anything but stay damp all day, a little like the gusset on my pants on a hot summer day.

The General Election is looming large on the horizon with only three weeks to go before the UK decides who they want to govern us.  I've made sure to watch the leaders this evening to see whether I can be persuaded to make a decision towards their policies.  I am yet to be swerved from voting for anything other than a Labour government.  If you vote for anything else please keep it to yourself because I may unleash the Rottweiler on you.

#JC4PM


Comments

Post a Comment

Non-abusive comments welcome, as are those with constructive criticism.

Popular posts from this blog

Twas the night before the night before...

The Surgical Spirit of Christmas

Expectations and Disappointments