Standing in the light of your halo

When I got married on my birthday back in 2012 there was a particular song that I thought represented how I felt but I was wrong.  The angel I thought I had found soon turned into a demon.  In fact it took less than 24 hours before his true colours showed through and I knew then that I had made a very big mistake in marrying someone I had known for quite a few years and trusted to have my best interests at heart.  I won't talk about that episode more than I have already, for this is about a song that I fell out of love with.  That is until it was brought back into my mind by my longest random internet friend who lives at the other end of the country.  To me his name is Liberacé (or Libby for short) due to his musicality and penchant for as much cock as he can get.  I don't think that's much these days since he is almost dead in gay years. It's still more than I have been getting but i'm not short of offers .  I chose to give all that mullarkey up a while back.  I'm leaving Flintshire's dregs to those who are in greater need.  Anyway, back to the song.  It's a beauty of a pop ballad that I haven't listened to since the day I was married and the album had been gathering dust for years.  Poor Beyoncé had never felt so discarded, EVER, and then all of a sudden it pops up on autoplay on Facefuck on a post from Libby.  Now I wouldn't ordinarily listen to most of the tripe that Libby posts, but this was very different. It wasn't Beyoncé, but it was her song. I listened with an open mind and bugger me I liked the song again, and despite the off the wall nature of the performer I liked them too.  Who'd have thunk it?! So I offer my thanks to Libby for gifting me this little nugget of joy and the ability to be able to listen to "B" once more.


I think I may just go and sell my wedding ring today

Comments

Post a Comment

Non-abusive comments welcome, as are those with constructive criticism.

Popular posts from this blog

Twas the night before the night before...

The Surgical Spirit of Christmas

The magic of medicine