You look familiar


How many times have you  been told by someone that you look familiar? Over the years I've heard it a few times and been told that I remind people of various 'stars', including David Carradine (back when I shaved my head) and most insultingly Cesar Rosas, a rather overweight singer and guitarist from the band Los Lobos.  The only trait we shared was a dark goatee beard, for although I have struggled with my weight over the years I have never actually been rotund. Now you may wonder why the lead image from the app Grindr appears on this blog.  Well whilst shopping today I was casually minding my own business when a gentleman said to me that I looked familiar to him.  I recognised him instantly, but being diplomatic I said that I didn't know him but that maybe it was because I live in the area and he would have seen me around town.  I'm not normally known for my skill at keeping my foot out of my gob but he was doing his shopping with a lady and didn't think he or she would have appreciated me blurting out that I recognised him from this particular gay dating app.  I use the term dating as loosely as the app's inhabitants do.


David Carradine

Cesar Rosas

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Twas the night before the night before...

The Surgical Spirit of Christmas

The magic of medicine